Caliber is on the lookout for a motivated Creative Director to help lead our creative department. This leadership role requires a delicate balance of professionalism and borderline crazy. We’re always looking for the next challenge, the next big idea, the next concept that raises a few eyebrows and the next execution that leaves our clients astounded. Beyond ideas and execution, we need a Creative Director who genuinely cares about the rest of their team and wants to help them succeed.
Interested? Maybe you’re not a Creative Director today – that’s OK. Shoot us a message and let’s talk to see if this role might be in your future at Caliber.
Bored? If you’re currently in a role like this, but might be ready to shake things up, let’s chat. We’re always open to kicking around new ideas and ways to make this a win/win for all involved.
Objectives of this Role
- Feel confident in presenting ideas and work, even if you’re coloring outside the lines from time to time.
- Build, lead, and review work of the creative team to help ensure top-notch execution.
- Take loose strategy discussions and formulate them into campaign concepts.
- Collaborate with all other team members at Caliber to consider outside ideas unique perspectives beyond your own.
- Stay on top of marketing trends to ensure concepts from Caliber are on target.
- Keep the budget in mind (please).
- Collaborate with a team of cross-functional disciplines such as graphic designers, copywriters, social media experts, photographers/videographers, and project managers.
- Prioritize work and resources with the Caliber team to ensure projects stay on track.
- Lead brainstorming sessions with creative team and assign take away tasks for each member of the project.
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges.
- Oversee presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables.
- Encourage the rest of the Caliber team to push beyond the easy idea and get uncomfortable with new thinking.
- Be a direct point of contact for outside vendors for specific project-related needs (photographers, videographers, copywriters, printers, etc…)
- Agency experience required – preferably in a similar role.
- Notable work samples that can be shown and explained in detail.
- Proven experience with concept development as well proven technical execution in all media types.
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent.
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives.
- A humble team player, with contagious enthusiasm.
If you want to hear more or even just kick around some ‘what ifs’, shoot us an email at email@example.com with ‘Creative Director’ in the subject line. Please no phone calls.